Tennis lovers are encouraged to join in the fun as a member of the Women’s Tennis Association. This is a very active group of lively women who play tennis at all levels from beginner to advanced.
The WTA hosts several functions each year. There is a spring and fall “Play Night with the Pros” held in March and October, respectively. Food and beverages are provided by the WTA board. The pros join us for an hour of spirited competition on the courts. There is no cost to attend.
Two dinner functions are also held, each accompanied by a silent auction. The spring event is scheduled in May. Donations from the auction go towards improvements to the courts at Balcones Country Club.
The Christmas Social is held in December and includes both a silent and live auction. Proceeds are donated to the charity designated by the winning bidder. In the past, a sampling of the charities that have benefited include Special Olympics, Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation, and The Texas Advocacy Project.
For further information, please contact Jane McMaster at 512.739.7380 or email@example.com.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tennis courts are for the private use of Members and their invited Guests and are not open to the public. The Head Tennis Professional is responsible for managing the Club’s Tennis program and facilities, and has the authority to enforce Club Rules.
- All players, both Members and Guests, are required to sign-in upon entering the Courts. Sign-in Logs will be reviewed daily by the Tennis Staff and forwarded to Accounting.
- All players must wear appropriate tennis apparel. Shirts and regulation tennis shoes are required. Cutoffs and tank tops are not appropriate apparel.
- Members must register their Guests and pay Guest Fees at the Pro-Shop before play, or sign the Guest Register available on the Courts. Member accounts will be charged for the Guests registered on the Courts. Guests must be accompanied by the inviting Member when using Club Tennis facilities.
- Reservations for Courts may be made up to two days in advance. Cancellation of a reservation for any reason other than weather is the responsibility of the Member making the reservation. Members who fail to arrive within fifteen minutes of their requested time will forfeit their Court.
- Junior players, under the age of 17, are not allowed to make Court reservations for after 6PM on weekdays, and for before 5PM on weekends and holidays. Adult Members have priority on the Courts.
- Court time is limited to one and one-half hours for singles, and two hours for doubles.
- Only Tennis Players are allowed on the Courts. Spectators, including children, must remain outside the fence or in the spectator area.
- No smoking, food, gum, glass containers, etc. are allowed within the fenced Court areas. Players will properly dispose of all refuse before leaving the Court areas.
- No outside food or beverages may be brought into the Tennis areas by Members or Guests for their personal consumption, unless otherwise approved by the General Manager or their designee.
- Since Members are entrusted with keys to the Tennis Courts, they are responsible for the access and security of the Courts. Members must ensure that anyone accessing the Court area is either a Member or an invited Guest. The last Member to leave a Court area, regardless the time of day, shall lock all gates. Trespassers should be reported to the Club Management as soon as possible.
- Play will be immediately suspended and the Courts cleared whenever lightning is in the area. Players and spectators should seek safety in their automobiles or in the Clubhouse whenever they believe there is danger of lightning, or whenever they hear the Golf Course lightning alarm of one long blast on an air horn. Play must not be resumed until the “all clear” signal of two short blasts on an air horn is heard.